Popular Posts

Friday, October 19, 2012

A priceless gem......no doubt...!!!

It was the beginning of another chapter in my life...April 1983...believe me it  was.!!!I realise it  in due time.After my poppa's death in the same year...with no decided aims as to what to do in my forthcoming years ...it was at this time that Prof Vilanilam(Head of the department of Journalism )paid us a visit along with one of our family members.After talking to mefor sometime he invited me  to join a post graduate course in communication at the University Centre,Karyavattom...My mom was too happy...since I would be in ''gud hands''.After an al lindia written exam...I managed to qualify.
Classes began in the month of November 1983.It was there that  my life changed....we were a class of 20-25 students many of whom were either already post -graduates or working newspaper personnel..Being born and brought up in a cosmopolitan soceity and exposed to different types of people it was no hard task to make friends.I soon had a circle of friends and ''followers''.Jyothir Ghosh ,a sub editor in Mathrabhoomi was my great friend and a big brother.Even though we had a lot of disagreements on many issues(he was a male chauvinist)...I realise today that he is a wonderful person...Then there was Shaji Vikraman..who was a great''kid''...but now is a successful young man...Liberty who was my hostel mate too...George kutty ,Biju(now in AIR)...Zoya (now Passport Officer)...and the most important person who became my parther for life....Renji Panicker. Renji was an arrogant,down to earth,intelligent person who made his presence felt.I was a bit scared of him becoz he was a strong SFI (I assosciated SFI.....with Naxalites.)...He was a typical keralite,male chauvinist who spoke too difficult malayalam ...a poet....a singer what nought!!!!Everyone  was awed by his talents even then.The main topic of debate amongst us was''male chauvinism''...leading me and him  to the altar...too early in life  with not a  penny to our name....Very frankly I have never  ever regretted marrying him...even though there have been many trying situations in our life together...mebbe the very fact that we were penniless wud have made us all the mor desperate at times....but to day 27 years later  I will always believe that Renji isa priceless gem...Being in a profession where I come across marital disharmony  every other day...I believe that he is a wonderful human being....he never tells me lies...which is his greatest asset.Avery commited ,humble and simple human being...who is a  wonderful father....Of course he does have his draw backs...but no man is perfect....I HAVE COMPLETED 1825 CASES OF MARRIAGE COUNSELLING CASES TILL TODAY. I have seen so many different types of personalities ....cruel.sadistic,sefish,irritating,sex-crazy men who make the woman's life miserable.....So Ladies be happy with the gem you have..polish it andmake it better....God is above all...entrust in Him.

1 comment:

  1. ഘോഷ്‌ സാര്‍ എന്റെ അധ്യാപകനായിരുന്നു കേരള പ്രസ്‌ അക്കാഡമിയില്‍..
    തുല്യമായ സ്ഥാനത്തിപ്പോള്‍ രഞ്‌ജി സാറും.
    ഈ എഴുത്തു തരുന്നുണ്ട്‌, നല്ല സന്തോഷവും സന്ദേശവും.

    ReplyDelete